Follow gobblemonkey on Twitter

Search This Blog

Saturday 18 February 2012

Percy Pig "Easter Egg"

Oh Percy.

What have they done to you now?


The shame - forced to wear what can only be described as a multi-coloured thong made of hundreds and thousands. Look at him, waving coquettishly like he's debuting his new Spring collection of swim wear. My poor poor Percy.

This giant chocolate version of the M&S mascot, clearly aimed at the Easter market, must have been created to feed that small sub section of egg-hating Christians who want to enjoy Easter without being forced to eat an egg.

Personally I think that a giant pig in sprinkly pants is what God had in mind when he invented Easter.


In 1996 I re-named Easter "Egg Day" to annoy Christians - but I can see that soon all remnants of any religious or pagan concepts associated with Easter will be long forgotten and it will be known simply as "Random objects made of chocolate day". And I'm totally in support of that. Eggs have had the monopoly on Easter for too long.


Curiously this product is just labelled "Percy Pig" - as if it is the definitive Percy Pig product. Then right next to that: "Percy Pig flavour".

Is "Percy Pig" an official flavour now? Like cheese or banana or blue raspberry? You can't just go around making up new flavours M&S. That is illegal. The back of the packet describes it more accurately:

"Hollow white chocolate pig with dried raspberry and strawberry concentrates and decorated with sprinkles (2%)"



(In fact, I bet that is Marks and Spencer's evil plan - to elimiate eggs and rename Easter as 'Hollow White Chocolate Pig with Dried Raspberry and Strawberry Concentrates and decorated with Sprinkles (2%) Day' and force everyone to swap their hollow pigs and roll hollow pigs down hills instead.)

It tastes OK - very sweet and fruity. I'd wager it would be impossible to eat a whole one without being violently sick. Especially when the moment comes where you realise you are nibbling off Percy's edible thong.

But the final indignity comes when you turn Percy over to discover this:


Percy's bare bottom. HAPPY EASTER INDEED.

"Percy Pig", Marks and Spencer, £6
Gobble Monkey says: 4 out of 7

MORE GOBBLE MONKEY EASTER EGG REVIEWS HERE
-->

29 comments:

  1. So M&S haven't given Percy underwear, just a merkin.
    I would feel bad for him, with his buttocks exposed to all & sundry, but I think Percy Pig lost his dignity the day that 'Reversy Percy' was accepted as an entry in Urban Dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Percy and his flesh coloured pants! Poor Percy indeed.

    And I am blaming Sal for the fact I have just googled Reversy Percy. Just do not do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Personally I think that a giant pig in sprinkly pants is what God had in mind when he invented Easter."

    :oD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Percy Pig has been vagazzled! Oh dear :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to see Piggy's autopsy. I'm curious about it has inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much does percy egg cost? I can't find him on the M&S website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. £6 it's quite expensive!

      Delete
  7. this post actually made my day, so so so so funny only typed it in to find the cost but reading about percys edible thong just too good, so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a grumpy git !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yaaayy percy pig.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love percy! wooooooohhh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how much does it cost?

    ReplyDelete
  12. £6 - it's in the review...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma loves percy pig4 April 2012 at 07:15

      i have got one

      Delete
  13. i love pigs like percy pig oinck oinck

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emma loves percy pig4 April 2012 at 07:13

    i am emma broughton
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wanted one for my dad but our store has sold out, should I be happy or sad?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got one from a petrol station that sells m&s bits today

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol I only stumbled onto hear looking for the price ov Percy but this has made me giggle I shall b reading more ov your reviews lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. it said on tv buy one get one free for 2 pound

    ReplyDelete
  19. yea it said on tv buy one get one free for 2 euro, if i dont get a percy one im gona cry lol, no joke i really want one, bit sad that the pants are not sprinkles on the back too but i still want it ha

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm notallowed a percy pigbecause there so expesive :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. are you able to buy a percy pig from the M&S website?

    ReplyDelete
  22. it was like bacon in my mouth omfg jizzinggg at my vagazzled piggy wig

    ReplyDelete
  23. were can u get it from

    ReplyDelete