Follow gobblemonkey on Twitter

Search This Blog

Monday 6 August 2012

Vice Versas

Remember these from the 90s?


They were a bit like Minstrels - but with a twist!

Can you guess what the twist was?


That's right, the ones with milk chocolate shells have white chocolate inside and the others were well, vice vera.

Imagine! White chocolate living side-by-side in harmony with milk chocolate!

But there was a problem. Yeah you thought the Nineties was all about free love, New Labour and Shed Seven BUT the men and women of the 90s rejected Vice Versas. They couldn't stand to see white and milk chocolate together in the same packet. So no one bought them and Nestle had to stop production. Now, I'm not saying the 90s humans were massive racists, but meanwhile sales of Milky Bars were soaring. YOU DO THE MATH.

But could us "future-humans" manage to be more tolerant of a society where white / milk chocolate are treated equally?

Because I have a dream. I have a dream that my chocolates will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their shells but by the tastiness of their character...

WHAT I SAW IN MY DREAM
Well now Vice Versas have been re-released into a more open-minded world. I think John Terry is even doing the TV advert (Shrewd move Nestle!) and fingers crossed, they'll be embraced.*

Vice Versas, Nestle, £1.59
Gobble Monkey says: I LIKE BOTH WHITE SHELLED AND MILK SHELLED ONES EQUALLY I AM NOT A RACIST.

*If only to stop me having that bloody dream. Honestly, it's really getting on my nerves. Two half eaten chocolates sitting in a field. What sort of a dream is that? It's boring.

6 comments:

  1. I picked these up recently; they were 'fun' but a bit too sweet for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHERE CAN YOU BUY THESE?? I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! My friends and I love this “vice versas” snack. I do remember when we are browsing for some poker playing tips, and my friend bought us this and agreed that whoever wins the game, he will have this snack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bit too sweet for me. And they taste a bit...weird?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nestlé have really screwed us over with their 'new' recipe.
    These are not the sweets I remember and Taste too sweet.

    ReplyDelete