Follow gobblemonkey on Twitter

Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Percy in the Pink

I was getting worried when Marks and Spencers hadn't released a new Percy Pig themed product for a least a week - but then these came out: PHEW


Check out Percy there, hard at work in the kitchen. MAKING CHOCOLATE PIGS IN HIS OWN IMAGE.

How vain is that - making sweets that look exactly like yourself? You wouldn't catch Delia Smith making a chocolate brownie in the shape of her own face would you? Or a range of Jamie Oliver sausages shaped like exact replicas of his own miniaturised body? (although I would definitely buy both of these).

Hopefully soon all Marks and Spencer products will be re-modelled into the shape of Percy's face, the shop will be re-named Marks and Percy and Spencer, then re-named again as Percy's Pig Emporium before all staff are forced to wear pig masks and communicate only in oinks. That's my dream anyway - and I won't rest until it happens. (except for the oinking thing)

Percy of course would rule over the whole thing like a mad dictator - look he's already got the salute down pat:


Stupid Nazi.

So anyway, these chocolate versions of Percy Pig are made from white chocolate with dried raspberry & strawberry concentrates - the same recipe as the infamous Percy Pig Easter Egg from last Egg Day. They taste exactly the same as that - far too sweet to be consumed by a human. Sadly, I fear under Percy's new regime of terror we won't have a choice.


Percy in the Pink, 99p, Marks and Spencers
Gobble Monkey says: 2 out of 7


5 comments:

  1. Nice post, I am really glad to be 1 of several visitants on this awful site : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohwow i havent seen these in my M&S yet..another attack by the pink pig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure the Jamie Oliver sausages would be moulded in the shape of his miniaturised *body*...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM DEAD! I'm from Australia and I love trying the Percy Pig varieties when I'm in the UK, and your documentation of this brand saga is hilarious!! Though I fear the Percy regime . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoever you are Gobble Monkey you are a stone cold genius. This is a wonderful and very, very important blog! Keep up the good work you sugary simian

    ReplyDelete