Follow gobblemonkey on Twitter

Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Twix McFlurry

So way back in Jan 2012, I wondered if this year would see the release of the almost mythical "Twix McFlurry" from McDonald's. Now I'm not saying the McDonald's bigwigs religiously read Gobble Monkey and obey it's every directive, but check this out:


It's just a massive co-incidence, right Ronald McDonald?

Hmmm anyway when Ronald McDonald started McDonald's restaurants back in the 1950s no one could have possibly dreamed of a Twix McFlurry. If you said the words "Twix McFlurry" to a 1950s American gentleman he would have probably called you a "nancy boy", punched you in the face and told you to get off his land before he shot you.

The words were literally meaningless. 

So a lot of people laughed at Ronald McDonald back then when he went around muttering things like "McFlurry" and "Fillet-O-Fish" incessantly. But that was mostly because he insisted on wearing make-up at all times. Plus back then people actually liked clowns and found them at least moderately amusing.

These days everyone hates clowns and finds them evil, and Ronald hasn't been allowed to appear in his own adverts since 1994, when he was replaced by things like salad and the Chicken Maestro.

Anyway, thank god that mental clown man stuck with his crazy ice-cream-mixed-with-a-popular-chocolate-bar idea because now in June 2012 they have finally reached their pinnacle.

So what do they taste like? Well, if you can imagine some cheap soft ice-cream with a Twix crumbled up in it, then you're most of the way there. Luckily that just about describes probably the best dessert combination of all time. Thanks Ron.


Twix McFlurry, McDonalds, 1.39p
Gobble Monkey says 6 out of 7

More Mcflurries

11 comments:

  1. Okay, where did you find this? I want this now and I'm wondering if it is just a regional or special offering in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello IndianapolisEater, as far as I know, they're nationwide in the UK. Certainly in available in London

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've been jipped on this. My Twix McFlurry was a massive disappointment owing to the stingy amount of Twix in the mix. Looking at your photo above, you got sauce and lots of toppings. I did NOT get sauce and only got about 10 bits of Twix.
    I am vexed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you really only pay 99p for it? The special McFlurries tend to cost more near me, upto £1.39 now! Only the "classic" flavours are still 99p. Almost makes me want to buy a real twix and eat it with a dairy milk flurry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh God, I'm going to McDonalds tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious, I hate living in a village and needing bus for everything. I can try to make my own homemade one in the mean time :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yes i think they are £1.39 actually, thanks Anon, have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are the pieces real, blended up Twix? Or just bits of generic chocolate covered biscuit?

    (I'm just wondering how 'Twixy' this thing really is.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi, they are the the small balls of chocolate covered shortbread - taste just like twix

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome, i'l be picking one of these up very soon then!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just another jealous U.S. folk chiming in. I hope they bring these to us!

    ReplyDelete